VMN is the largest statewide mediation organization. We are the voice for professional mediators in Virginia. VMN membership can significantly enhance your marketability as a mediator.
Benefits of VMN membership include:
- Networking and marketing opportunities with attorneys, mediators, financial professionals, and other providers
- Educational programs, conferences and meetings that qualify for continuing education credits
- Mediation promotion and referral programs that can augment your practice development efforts
- Membership in VMN is your entrée into the Virginia mediation community, and signifies your participation in the field of dispute resolution in Virginia.
- Representation and liaison for mediation issues with the VA Legislature, VA Courts, VA Bar Association, Universities and more
- Discounts to conferences and training sessions
- Discounted professional liability insurance
- Discount of $50 for MC3 Certification for VMN Members
Your clients benefit from your VMN Membership by:
- Membership in VMN tells clients you have a commitment to mediation.
- Clients benefit from a multidisciplinary network of professionals you can refer to, and the ongoing mediation training VMN provides.
MC3 is a nonprofit organized to ensure user and public confidence in the mediation process by setting standards for mediator training, education, and ethics and by maintaining those standards through its certification program. MC3 has set a higher standard of review than other credentialing agencies in mediator education including an ongoing requirement for continuing education as well as a requirement that MC3-Certified Mediators have a basic understanding and familiarity with legal/litigation terminology and California courtroom procedures as well as understanding of the ethics that guide mediation practice and policy. All MC3-Certified Mediators complete employment background checks and have agreed to a Quality Assurance program that provides disputants with an opportunity to address any ethical concerns that may have arisen during the course of a mediation.
To learn more about MC3, visit the MC3 website at: www.mc3certified.org.
Other VMN Member Benefit Opportunities: