What is Mediation? +Mediation is a process used to resolve conflict in which people identify what’s important, discuss various options, and determine their own outcomes. A mediator facilitates this conversation in a confidential setting.
Why choose mediation? +Mediation is a cost effective; time effective; confidential process. Parties have ownership of the process. It's a win- win outcome v. win-lose outcome.
How do I become a mediator? +To find out more about becoming a mediator, go to the Dispute Resolutions Services website
How do I become a member of VMN? +We offer an online membership application on our website.
What are the advantages of being a VMN member? +
- Networking and marketing opportunities with attorneys, mediators, financial professionals, and other providers
- Educational programs, conferences and meetings that qualify for continuing education credits
- Mediation promotion and referral programs that can augment your practice development efforts
- Membership in VMN is your entrée into the Virginia mediation community, and signifies your participation in the field of dispute resolution in Virginia.
- Access to other members for professional advice via several different listserv
- Representation and liaison for mediation issues with the VA Legislature, VA Courts, VA Bar Association, Universities and more
- Discounts to conferences and training sessions
- Discounted professional liability insurance
- Your clients benefit from your VMN Membership by:
- Membership in VMN tells clients you have a commitment to mediation.
- Clients benefit from a multidisciplinary network of professionals you can refer to, and the ongoing mediation training VMN provides.